19 August, 2026

Upcoming Changes to the Blog

I had no internet for the entirety of yesterday. As someone who is terminally online, this caused no small amount of distress. However, it did afford me ample time to ruminate on the changes and progress (or lack thereof) happening with the blog in recent times.

I'm still learning to manage my different content streams, with consistency being my chief goal right now. I solved a content bottleneck with my videos, but that's caused another bottleneck with the blog. Not having regular content is a big no-no for me, and a big no-no for growth - so how to fix this?

The solution on the YouTube side of things was for me to push ahead with weekly uploads of my "Let's Play" series of videos - my "blind" playthroughs of every video game, in chronological order; while the "Chronicles" - my mini-documentary/review of the game, would become desynched with the Let's Plays. Those Chronicle videos take weeks and weeks to edit, and having only one video a month simply won't do.

So, what's the solution for the blog? As I was ruminating on the subject last night, I realised that the solution for the blog is... the exact same thing.

What I mean is, that I can split my articles in two - one for gameplay, one for research. Since I now use my blog articles as the basis for YouTube scripts, the release schedule for them is dependent on how quickly I can get a video edited (which is "not very" at the moment, with my novice editing skills.) But what I can do is provide the gameplay element of my blogs on a more regular basis as a reader's version of the Let's Play series for those of you who prefer to read the blog over watch the videos.

So that's the new plan: a Let's Play article to go along with my Let's Play videos - which will include preliminary scores and tier listings, while the big articles will line up with my Chronicles videos. I know this will change the face of the blog into a more gameplay-forward one, instead of research, but it makes my life a hell of a lot easier when it comes to managing everything, and ensures that neither side gets neglected, as was the case before. It keeps me playing new games, too, which helps keep it fresh and interesting for me as a creator. You'd be getting the gameplay and scores either way - it's just going to happen more often now!

My hope is to have a regular upload schedule of one Let's Play per week (released Saturday AEST), and one Chronicle per month (released last day of the month.) Hopefully I can increase this as I get less shit at editing.

Anyway, there's some catching up to do! Expect three Let's Play articles this week: Draughts, Bouncing Ball, and OXO!

No comments:

Post a Comment